Here is a video of my 6 year old class, Aries, singing the schools 'anthem'. This is a song that all of the kids know the words and actions to. In every music class we sing it, and the kids perform it at events. Sorry for the bad quality and shakiness of the film, I had to do the actions with the kids.
I'm the lucky one who gets to teach music to all (well almost all) of the classes. Luckily, fore mine and the kids sakes music simply consists of singing silly songs and performing actions and working on the vocab from the songs, so nothing too difficult or musical. Each age level has special songs that they sing, so I've had to spend the last week learning the songs and the actions, Brian is getting sick of me playing my children's CD at home while making dinner! Eventually I will also have to pick some songs on my own and make up some actions, so if anyone has any sensations for fun (and somewhat simple) songs I am all ears!
Also, here is a quick picture of my one class, Aries, the ones singing above. They're really bright and catch on to things quickly. Their names from the left side of the circle to the right are: Paul, Ruby, Faith, Linda, Vivian, and Juhwan.
Hopefully soon Brian and I will be able to take pictures of the rest of our classes! They're just too cute to not have pictures!
So far the first week has gone well! After a few minor bumps, and some adjustments to our teaching styles, I think it's safe to say that we're catching on and getting into the groove. Plus, the week seems to be going fairly quick, which is always a good sign!
Are they singing in English or Korean? The only word I can make out is Warwick. But they're a bunch of cuties! The girl on the left is so cute!
ReplyDeleteyou should have one of them video you while you are teaching! How about the Head and Shoulders song? Auntie Jenn
ReplyDeleteWe should send you a Peter Alsyop CD.
ReplyDelete"Sanwiches are beautiful, sandwiches are fine..."
Or "My brother threw up on my stuffed toy bunny, you better not laugh, cause it really isn't funny"
Here are a few suggestions - Uncle Tim says Itsy bitsy spider, Dad says the bear song - the one that gets repeated and starts - one summer day, I met a bear, a great big bear, away out there. How about that Canadian group that sings the songs Brian and Derek sang with Darren Wright at Round LaKE - Brian, you must remember?! What about songs from the elephant show from way back?
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting, we love looking in...
We'll call when we get home next week. Hi from your London family and from us! From mom at Aunt Jo's computer.