A couple people have asked us what kind of shopping stores they have here in Korea... so I figured we might as well show you! One of Korea's big Wal-Mart like stores is called E-Mart. Luckily, the E-mart is right beside our church so it has become a weekly shopping trip as they have lots of different things.
The first floor of E-mart is the clothing section. I would probably compare it to maybe Wal-Mart clothes or Joe from Superstore type clothing. Not bad style, not the greatest quality, but pretty decent prices...
The clothing level (and jewelery on the right...)
Korean Style
Going down to the food level
Next on the food level, there is obviously, food. It's just like a grocery store but with a little more emphasis on the seafood and fresh veggies or meat. There is LOTS of different and WEIRD seafood (I'm pretty sure we found some LIVE octopus in little baggies...). On this level they also have lots of different household items too, as well as cosmetics, beauty, and all that jazz... Also, they have PETS on this level! cute little bunnies and hedgehogs and ugly hamsters... They also have these weird larvae pet things, but sadly we didn't get a picture of those...
The food section
Rice anyone?
Poor crabs... I bet they didn't even see it coming...
lots of fish
Octopi
I don't feel bad for these guys, they don't have brains...
MORE SEAFOOD
This is more like it...
Brian's favorite part of E-Mart
My favorite part of E-mart, for cheap!
Soju, we stay away from this stuff...
The toy aisle
Pets not dinner...
My favorite part of E-Mart: All the Koreans staring at you and looking in your shopping cart, wondering what kind of weird food you eat.... NOT!
Have you bought any seafood yet? Like Octopus? Or just sticking to the basic, NORMAL food? :)
ReplyDelete