"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour, catch the trade winds in your sails.

Explore. Dream. Discover."

- Mark Twain

Friday, November 26, 2010

Mail Appreciation

Well we've officially been in Korea for 2 months! Time is flying by! 

over the two months we've been here, we've been lucky enough to receive quite a bit of mail! It is an amazing feeling to get a little piece of home in your mailbox. The mailman always comes while we're at work so we never get to actually see him, but I am sure if I did I would greet him with a big smile (and maybe a hug) because he always makes me so happy with his deliveries! 

Our mailboxes are these little silver boxes just out the front door from our apartment. So, as Brian and I walk home from work each night, we can normally see if we have any mail at least a building away. It is always a race to see who notices the mail first, and who can get there the quickest. Once or twice, I have had to chase Brian around the apartment in order to get a chance to open an envelope. He needs to learn to share!

Our fridge has become plastered with postcards, wedding invitations, and thank you cards. It's a great feeling to think of home every time I reach for the milk! Thank you so much to everyone who has sent us some mail! It really makes the homesickness a little bit easier! 


No comments:

Post a Comment