Every day at school we get a hot lunch served to us. Usually it is all Korean food, but every once in a while we'll get the treat of chicken fingers, or a french fry... Sometimes there will be items on the plate that I have NO CLUE what they are... the kids will ask me what it is, and either I make something up or simply shrug the shoulders...
Sometimes the lunches are absolutely DELICIOUS, and other days, I find it hard to eat something on the plate... I consider it a good day if I only leave 1 side dish on the plate when I'm done (that would be the kimchi), and it's a bad lunch day If I can only find 1 or 2 items to eat...
I would tell you the names of all the foods on the plates below, however, I have no clue haha! I'll point out the foods I do recognize...
Clockwise from bottom left: rice (duh), don't know the top left item, middle top is kimchi, then some bean sprouts, and a spicy soup.
Rice, don't know, kimchi, don't know, some green onion cake type things, and some type of soup
rice, chicken bulgogi stuff, kimchi, seafood salad, and a spicy soup
This has been my favorite lunch so far: Rice, french fries, chicken strips, kimchi, some salad, and cream soup.
Rice, chicken bulgogi, kimchi, spicy lettuce stuff, some weird tofu jello, and bean sprout soup.
This was the most amusing lunch yet: rice, fish, some kind of spinach, kimchi, pumpkin and soup
It was HILARIOUS to watch the kids try and choke down the pumpkin, they hated it...
Rice, something like ginger chicken, bean sprouts, kimchi, rice cakes, and egg soup
fried rice (DELICIOUS!), salad, some spicy veggie dish, special rice cakes, and some kind of soup...
On top of lunches we are also given a morning snack, which is usually some kind of rice porridge or cereal, as well as an after school snack on Tuesdays and Thursdays. It's nice to get our fill of Korean food during the day, and this way when we eat dinner at night we're more familiar with what we eat!
Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to pack an apple to school just in case...
ReplyDeleteI think I'd lose a lot of weight eating (more correctly, NOT eating) those lunches!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should take my laptop to my drycleaner friends and have them identify some of these foods!!
ReplyDeletegood thing you like rice!
ReplyDelete