"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour, catch the trade winds in your sails.

Explore. Dream. Discover."

- Mark Twain

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Summer Vacation! Busan!

This past week was our summer vacation! We had 1 week off of school and we decided to make the most of it and we headed to the beach! We went to the Southern city, Busan!

Korea's most popular beach is Haeundae beach in Busan. And let me tell you, it was popular. Brian and I have both been to Hawaii and experienced the business of Waikiki... If you have ever been to Waikiki, you can times the crowd and business by 10 and then you could possibly imagine Haeundae. I think all of Korea was at the beach this past week!

There are tons of different vendors who set up umbrellas (millions of them) along the beach. You can't even see the sand when you look at the beach, all you see is umbrellas. And, when you look at the water, you don't see blue, all you see is yellow tubes! Craziness! 

Brian and I opted to sit further back on the beach, we rented some beach chairs and umbrella to relax under. Despite the business of the beach, we had an awesome time at the beach. There was always something to look at that's for sure! We really had no plans for the week in Busan and we were both extremely happy to sit on the beach! We did take one day to go and see the live fish market. However, it was quite stinky, and seeing that neither brian or I particularly enjoy seafood we made it a short visit and headed back to the beach! 

The week went WAAAAAAAY too fast! We're back to work on Monday! I will be happy to see the kiddies again but the countdown is on to our next holiday! Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) is only a month away! 

We took the KTX (high speed train) to Busan! It was so cool! The train went up to 300km/hr!

 The beach! I have officially turned Brian into a beach bum and I love it! I see many more beach holidays in our future!!

 The fish market. Extra stinky!

 Busan Aquarium. Since coming to Korea I've wanted to go to the aquarium. With my elementary student we studied an article about the aquarium and all the cool fish, so I was EXTRA excited to go! But, it was quite the disappointment... 

As always, if you want to see more/bigger pictures go to our facebook!

1 comment:

  1. That beach looks insane!! Did you get a lot of funny stares from all the Koreans? Or was there a lot of white ppl on the beach?

    ReplyDelete