This past weekend was a long weekend here in Korea with Monday off from school (woohoo Memorial day!). The church planned an awesome summer retreat that Brian and I attended.
We left Sunday after the church service and headed towards Chollipo Beach, which is a little South East of Cheongju.
When we left Cheongju the weather was BEAUTIFUL! Sunny, clear skies, and probably about 25 degrees. When we reached Chollipo, it was chilly, misty and EXTREMELY foggy, you couldn't see 10 ft in front of you! Nevertheless, we still had a great time!
Our first stop was the Chollipo Arboretum on the ocean. They had lots of very pretty plants and great view of the ocean (minus the fog and mist). Sadly, I accidentally deleted all of my pictures from the first day and a half of the retreat, so none of these pictures are mine, they are stolen off of facebook.... After the Arboreteum, we headed to the beach.
I'm not sure where Brian and I were for this group picture....
The spooky fog
After a delicious dinner of Bulgogi and a short message and devotion time we had some free time and Brian and I headed back to the beach when it got dark. The tide had gone WAAAAAAY out and Brian and I walked as far as we could towards the water. We both though we were going crazy when we would step in the water and the water would flash sparkles for a few seconds. Apparently, we aren't crazy and it was actually little plankton! (http://reefbuilders.com/2010/02/26/bioluminescent-plankton-aglow-ocean/) It was so cool!
The next morning after a good breakfast, we set off for the beach. We spent the morning exploring the beach as the tide was still far out. The mist and fog continued to roll in off of the sea. We played a couple games of frisbee and I got a good chance to read my book.
Getting ready for the beach
The walk to the beach
More spooky fog
Low tide
Hunting for Mussels
Brian found his own special friend
Playing frisbee in the fog
By the time we got back to Cheongju Monday night, we were exhausted! A great way to spend our weekend and a great way to kick off summer!!!



























No comments:
Post a Comment